Tim Marsh ([email protected])
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 15:53:41 +0800
1) 'throwaway' song : LEMON v's CLUB AMERICA - WIN 4 to 3.5
2) techno song : MOFO v's The 13th (remix - DOH!) - LOST 4 to 4.5
3) ridiculous song: MIAMI v's WRONG NUMBER - remix (cheat *grins*) LOST
- 3 to 3.5
4) Sexiest song: (ok.. i went with wire) VELVET DRESS v's LULLABY - WON
- 4.5 to 4
5) suicidal song LOVE IS BLINDNESS v's TREASURE - TIED on 3
6) Best Pop song: REAL THING v's WHY CANT I BE YOU - LOST - 3.5 to 4.5
7) 'pull at the heart strings': ONE v's PICTURES OF YOU - WON - 5 to 4.5
8) best love song: ALL I WANT IS YOU v's JUST LIKE HEAVEN - WON - 5 to
9) best worst song: WANDERER v's LOVE CATS - LOST 4.5 to 5 (some
10) best single: WITH OR WITHOUT YOU v's NEVER ENOUGH - WON 5 to 4
11) under-rated song: ULTRAVIOLET v's DISINTEGRATION - TIED on 2
12) 'easy listening' song: ANGEL OF HARLEM v's CATCH - LOST 4 to 4.5
13) best B side: SLOW DANCING v's LETS GO TO BED (originally a B-side -
slight cheating me thinks *grins* ah well) LOST 4 to 3.5
14) best teen anthem: LOOKING v's IN BETWEEN DAYS - WON - 4.5 to 4
15) best instrumental - ROWENA'S THEME (ok my turn to cheat *laughs* v's
TRUST - TIED on 4 each - hey when in Rome.....
16) weirdest song: ELVIS ATE... v's THE 13th - LOST 3.5 to 4
17) vocal performance: BAD (live) v's BURN - WON 3.5 to 3
18) catchy tune: DESIRE (another change here) v's FASCINATION STREET -
WON 4.5 to 3.5 - ahhhh so easy this one y'all - everyone sang this
one...three bars in...
19) 'anger release': END OF THE WORLD v's SHIVER AND SHAKE - LOST 2.5 to
20) sing-a-long to: PRIDE v's FRIDAY I'M IN LOVE - TIED on 4 - and a lot
21) slowly builds: STREETS v's WANT - WON 5 to 4 - tooooooo easy here...
22) saddest: RUNNING versus UNTITLED - 4.5 to 5.
ok there it was - and a last minute category emerged - BEST LYRIC so i
pulled out SO CRUEL (as it's easy to hear the lyrics and strong) which
WON against THIS IS A LIE - 4.5 to 4 - the judges read the lyrics out
several times to get the result - no contest *grins*
so points wise U2 fell over the line - 88 to 86.5 but with all the
debating (there were about nine people involved, not including the
combatants who hide in a room as the decisions were made) So all in all
- a great night, great music, great bands, and WE won *laughs* but me
thinks Robert Smith will not weep tooo long over this and get this the
Cure fans brother has challenged me so look out for INXS versus U2.....
tim... still standing.......... bring on Hutch....
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b2 on Sun Jul 26 1998 - 00:51:03 PDT